At BodiSculpting Specialists, we are also skin specialists. With the sea of products out there that all say they work miracles for your skin, it’s difficult to know what products to use, what regimen to follow, even what makeup could be impacting your skin.
That’s why we provide you with professional skin care that takes the guesswork out of the process. All you have to do is follow the advice of our skincare pros and enjoy your brighter, happier skin!
Why Is Professional Skin Care Important?
Just as a teaching professional can see things in a golf swing that the average person cannot, professional skin care experts can see things that are going on with your skin that you don’t have a clue about. After all, it’s the same skin you’ve been looking at all your life. It’s convenient to clump people into “skin types.” You have either dry, oily, or combination skin, so the logic goes.
But our team knows better. They know that no two people have the same skin and it actually falls into a variety of categories, even on different areas of the face. Our skin care professionals will tell you exactly what kind of skin you have and how you can go about keeping it in tip-top shape.
With our guidance, you’ll find the right products that deliver the right results for your skin. When we try and navigate the morass of skin care products out there we often end up using products that actually do more harm than good, yet cost a fortune at the same time. Armed with the knowledge of what’s best for your unique skin, you’ll be able to effectively address problems such as premature aging, acne, dryness, and oily patches.
What Are Some Signs That I Could Benefit From A Professional Skin Care Consultation?
There are countless skin issues that each of us deal with. Question is — are any of them pointing to the need for a professional skin consultation at BodiSculpting Specialists? Here are a few problems that probably merit scheduling that appointment.
Acne and blemishes — OK, you’re not 16, so what’s with the zits? Acne can schedule a return visit for many women, even into their 30s. Hormone fluctuations are usually to blame.
- Dry skin — You may think it’s just a wintertime thing, but your dry skin could be more a result of what you’re doing to it than the month on the calendar.
- Uneven skin tone and age spots — Age spots, sun spots, hyperpigmentation. Whatever you want to call them, overproduction of melanin is behind these spots or blotchy areas. There are various options for getting rid of them and for preventing fewer showing up in the future.
- Uneven skin texture — Healthy skin has a smooth, even texture. Enlarged pores, oily or dry areas, and buildup of dead skin cells all affect texture.
- Signs of aging — Our skin is the first tell that we’re getting older. But it’s not necessarily the years that are making your skin look so old. Environmental conditions, stress, lack of sleep, even your diet can all make your skin look older.
- Eye area issues — The skin around our eyes is among the thinnest on the entire body, and it is prone to problems. Good skin care can improve those fine lines and wrinkles, dark circles, under-eye bags, and puffiness.
Treatments We Offer That Help Reverse The Signs Of Aging
At BodiSculpting Specialists, we want our patients to look their best. Of course, our body contouring procedures such as CoolSculpting trim your lines. In addition to our professional skin care, we also offer various skin tightening and anti-aging procedures. These range from procedures that tighten the skin by triggering increased collagen production to fractional laser treatments that break down texture issues to Intense Pulsed Light. We put laser and IPL energy to work breaking up your age spots and reducing acne scarring. We can even help with those dark patches that form on your face during pregnancy, melasma.
What Obagi Skin Care Products Can Be Used To Maintain Skin Care At Home?
At BodiSculpting Specialists, we’re big fans of the Obagi Medical line of skin care products. These are just a sampling of some of the awesome products that will make your skin glow.
- Nu-Derm System — These products reduce dark spots and other pigmentation issues.
- Obagi-C Rx System — This line is meant for early intervention to counter skin damage, mitigating signs of aging.
- Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. System — This line is the enemy of acne, whether you’re a teen or an adult.
- Obagi Professional-C Microdermabrasion Polish + Mask — This dual-action facial polish and mask exfoliates the skin before providing a powerful infusion of vitamin C.
- SUZANOBAGIMD — This is a three-step skin care line that cleanses, protects, and renews the skin.
- ELASTIderm Eye Cream and Eye Serum — The eyes have it with these two products that focus entirely on the eyes.
To see more of our Obagi offerings, click here.
Why Are Skin Cancer Screenings Important?
When you schedule a skin care consultation with one of our skin care professionals we do more than size up your skin type and how to best care for it. We also send you to a dermatologist for a free skin cancer screening. Here are a few reasons that’s so important:
- Skin cancer is the most prevalent form of cancer. More people are diagnosed with skin cancer each year in the U.S. than all other cancers combined.
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer by the age of 70.
- The diagnosis and treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancers in the U.S. increased by 77 percent between 1994 and 2014.
- About 90 percent of nonmelanoma skin cancers are associated with exposure to UV radiation from the sun.
- The number of new melanoma cases diagnosed in 2019 will increase by 7.7 percent. The number of melanoma deaths is expected to decrease by 22 percent in 2019, thanks to skin cancer screening.
- It’s estimated that 7,230 Americans will die from melanoma in 2019.
- Only 20-30 percent of melanoma is found in existing moles, with 70-80 percent arising on apparently normal skin.
- Every blistering sunburn you’ve ever had doubles your risk for developing melanoma later in life.
At BodiSculpting Specialists, we want your skin to look its best, but we also want it to be skin cancer-free.
Schedule a FREE Consultation
Contact us today to schedule an appointment! We offer Free Virtual and In-Person consultations.
BodiSculpting Specialists serves Bend, Sisters*, Eugene, Roseburg, Florence* and Albany and the surrounding areas of Oregon.
* Injectables Only